Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July Birchbox


I am really happy with this month's birchbox. It had so many great samples to try and of those I've tried, I love them!

What I received:

Redken Shine Flash 02 Glistening Mist  - I am a huge fan of lightweight hairspray. I have super thin hair and these bangs of mine need a little hold so I don't have a bang butt cut. I have only tried this once thus far, but like it. Lightweight but still hefty enough to hold those flyaways all day. I currently use BigSexyHair volumizing hairspray available at Target and Amazon for roughly $14. Downside to the Redken product is it's only available at Redken salons and you have to purchase in-store. No thanks for me unless I fall in love. I'm an online shopper and expect free shipping, preferably 2 day (thanks, Amazon for creating this new expectation of mine across all retail:)).

Nuxe Huile Dry Oil - Love, love, love this stuff! I don't wear foundation so didn't take advice from the video link below, but dab a little of this stuff over my blush for a sheer, dewy look. This dry oil smells amazing!



Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser  - I haven't tried this product yet but I love all the other Philosophy products I have bought so I'm sure this one won't disappoint.

Zoya Touch Collection  - I'm not a big fan of painting my fingernails; I never have. I always have my toes painted but like my fingernails au naturel. I did play around with this neutral polish and was pleasantly surprised. It's actually still on my nails. I received a gray polish from this brand several Birchboxes ago, but gray? blah, so I never tried it. It's not OPI but still a good polish. I received the Pandora color.

Kind Bar - Oh my goodness! These.things.are.amazing!!!! If you're a fruit and nut chewy granola bar lover like I am, you will love these. I didn't get a picture of what I received in the Birchbox because my little one had already eaten most of it. Thank goodness she left me some because I about died and went to heaven after tasting it. The saturated fat is a little higher than the other granola bars I like (Lara Bars), but I don't think I really care because these are so good. I just checked them out on Amazon and there are tons of flavors (15 to be exact). I had the Almond & Apricot flavor but some others are:

(click for better view)

190 calories. 5 grams of fiber. 13g sugar. 4g protein. They are gluten free, too! I just placed an order. They'll be here Saturday:)


My favorites from June:

I have used both of these every day since I received them. LOVE and will be ordering full sized bottles once these run out.

That's the rundown for the July Birchbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment